Monday, July 5, 2010

Nile Special Part 1

Unfortunately, days pass faster than I can write about them. In fact, I am 10-11 days behind in my updates. Last Thursday, the US visitors departed for home - my fate in 2 weeks. For Nick and me, their presence was beneficial because we were able to escape the office for a few hours at a time to do the important type of research we were doing the first week of our project. We visited two more homes of EAC children, an orphanage for abandoned babies, and an organization aiding street children. In addition, on Saturday, we went to a traditional Introduction - a giving away ceremony before marriage. We also met with Jeremy to discuss our models and produced more drafts. Needless to say, I have a great deal to write about. However, as my time in Kampala becomes shorter, the time I have to dedicate to the blog dwindles. I will try to write more updates at night to update during the day. If not, when I return home, my updates will continue. For now, enjoy these pictures of Nick and I rafting the Nile. The pictures speak to the experience more than my words could. Many of the rapids on the Nile are class 5 - a level not allowed in the US. Because the water is deep, the risks of hitting your head on a rock is not as high as in Colorado or somewhere else in the US, which is why you are able to raft these intense rapids.

- Feldman Approaching a rapid called Big BrotherBriefly after approaching Big Brother


1 comment: